What is Mazda SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY?
There are a lot of great options in the new Mazda lineup for Manhattan drivers looking for a vehicle that delivers confident performance and strong fuel economy. That’s thanks in no small part to Mazda’s innovative SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY suite, which includes a full range of carefully integrated engineering and design elements. Find out more at Mazda of New Rochelle!
- SKYACTIV®-G – Mazda’s engineers have been at the forefront of a number of engineering innovations over the last several years, but the idea with SKYACTIV®-G was to take the traditionally aspirated gasoline combustion engine to a new level of performance and efficiency. Offered in the form of 2.0L and 2.5L four-cylinder engines, SKYACTIV®-G compresses the engine’s air-fuel mixture through the cylinders in a more efficient manner to get more energy out of less fuel. The result is a 15% increase in efficiency. You can currently find SKYACTIV®-G engines at work on a variety of new Mazda vehicles, including the new Mazda3 and Mazda6.
- SKYACTIV®-D – Mazda SKYACTIV®-D engine takes the elements of the diesel engine—including commanding levels of torque. How did Mazda’s SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY engineers achieve better fuel economy and lower emissions levels? They developed an engine with a low compression ratio. This engine technology will be available on the first-ever Mazda CX-5 diesel.
- SKYACTIV®-Drive – Mazda’s SKYACTIV®-Drive is a six-speed automatic transmission that combines the best aspects of the Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT), dual-clutch automated manual transmission, and traditional automatic transmission. This engine delivers an improvement in fuel economy of 4-7% without compromising the level of responsiveness people are looking for between gear ratios of a sporty Mazda vehicle.
- SKYACTIV®-MT – Mazda’s 6-speed manual transmission has been improved as well in the form of the SKYACTIV®-MT. This sporty manual transmission provides sharp and swift gear shifts for a genuinely responsive feel. It is also compact and lightweight in size, which helps improve efficiency.
- SKYACTIV®-BODY – The philosophy and primary goal behind the SKYACTIV®-BODY is the same as that which went into the powertrain—namely, helping to deliver optimal performance and efficiency. Mazda’s design team achieved this by developing a body that was 8% lighter and 30% more rigid than the outgoing Mazda body design. The body structure has been straightened and made part of a continuous framework as well.
- SKYACTIV®-CHASSIS – The Mazda SKYACTIV®-CHASSIS included a full overhaul of Mazda’s outgoing chassis design, complete with a new front and rear suspension, electric power steering system, and a 14% reduction in weight over the outgoing generation.
- SKYACTIV®-VEHICLE DYNAMICS – Mazda’s SKYACTIV®-VEHICLE DYNAMICS aren’t just a single element of design or engineering. Instead, it’s the entire integrated approach of SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY realized. G-Vectoring Control improves handling—particularly when cornering—by delivering the proper amount of braking force and torque to the proper wheels based on driving behavior and conditions. These controls have been carefully calibrated based on specific technical analyses of the vehicle’s engine, transmission, body, and chassis. This provides more stability and responsiveness, resulting in a ride that is both more comfortable and engaging.
Experience SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY in New Rochelle Today
The new Mazda vehicles for sale at Mazda of New Rochelle bring a variety of groundbreaking innovations to the table, including SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY as well as the i-ACTIVSENSE® driver assist safety package. Explore all of these features and witness Mazda’s head-turning design work today at Mazda of New Rochelle.
Want to learn more about the inner workings of your engine? Learn more about oil filter service with our service team!
Recent News from Mazda of New Rochelle
Are you looking at the sporty Mazda CX-50 crossover? You might want to take a minute to review your Mazda CX-50 trim options. There’s a wide array of new Mazda choices available to buyers in Bronx, from the base S to top of the line Turbo Premium Plus. However, there’s quite a bit of room…
The 2022 Mazda CX-5 is the next iteration of one of the most sporty SUVs on the road today. It’s got an immaculately crafted interior, and it only gets better when you upgrade to a trim like the Signature. This is a unique SUV that gives you a little bit of luxury at a…
How much can a 2023 Mazda CX-50 tow? When you pick the 2023 Mazda CX-50 2.5 Turbo configuration for your Bronx daily driver, you can tow up to 3,500 pounds. We’ll go into detail on how the Mazda CX-50 towing capacity varies by trim level as well as answer the question “what can a Mazda…